29 April 2008

When the Rain Falls Down, Will You be Around?



I'm supposed to be doing my math homework, and english, and apush, and...physics...but instead I'm back again!! Woo. So yeah, the past few days have brought some interesting weather in my area. Okay, compared to the tornados in Virginia, I guess I really have nothing to complain about. Sorry I lied. I guess what was essentially interesting was not the weather itself that I've experienced over the past couple of days, but rather the way that the weather related to my emotions. This relationship really puzzles me. Well let me just tell you about it first. Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day where I live. It was warm out, and sunny, and happy. But the whole day, I just felt tense. (The same way there is always tension when there is abnormal heat in many literary works). I felt upset, and ticked off. No, I didn't have a completely terrible day; I honestly have no clue as to what my problem was. Then Monday, and Tuesday: RAIN! And I just seem to feel better, and less easily annoyed if you will. I don't know. Maybe it's all just a coincidence, but also, people tell me that they like the rain better because it seems like the world is sympathizing with your problems, instead of making you feel like an outsider because you don't feel as sunny on the inside as blaring sun is on the outside. But maybe it reflects something else about all of us. Maybe we are happier (not in the HAPPY sense...more content, or satisfied with ourselves...think SAT vocab in context?) with ourselves when we are able to express who we really are (aka. rain–"let it all out girl"), than when we have to sit and conform to the thoughts and ideas thrust upon us, and pretend that everything is fine all of the time (aka the perfect sunny day...). After all, flowers need both sunlight and water to grow. Just like we need ideas to jump off of in order to create new ones.

Oh, it's all just a part of Mufasa, and Simba, and Nala, and Scar, and Rafiki, and Timone, and Pumba's circle of life I guess...

Like my orchestra teacher says, "There's always the tension, and then there's always the resolution".

Mmhmm.
So with that said, Let it rain world, let it rain.

-Fréd

1 comment:

Lola said...

hey i like ur blog!
comment mines pleez
rtf
rtf
rtf