16 April 2008

Baby got Bach.

I've been meaning to make a post about the Bach Partita no. III in E Major for violin, but I've never been exactly sure what to say. Actually, I'm still not sure what to say. It's hard to convey the brilliance that each movement has. Especially they Prelude. Yeah, its classical music, yeah its not "cool" or whatever but so what. Maybe I'm just a classical music fanatic because that's what I've been playing everyday on my violin since the fourth grade. But if you ask me, classical music is more than just fancy music to play at tea parties or background music for "fancy" situations, classical music is more of a representative of human emotion. That's what I think. A lot of pieces can convey more emotions than any silly pop song can. It's like reading an old book. A "classic" book. If you ask me, I'm not really a fan of today's modern literature as much as I like the older books. Why? Because generally, (from the modern books i've read anyways), it seems as though many modern books are lacking the depth that older books seem to have. Not saying that today's music can't be "deep" but seriously, classical music just has something so special about it. I love it. And you should to. So if you're with me, download Nathan Milstein's Bach Partita in E Major Preludio (The first movement...it might just have an ".I" there), and tell me what you think. Really listen to it.

I bet it's not as boring as you thought it was...

yeah. that's what i thought ;)

-Fréd

No comments: