01 April 2008

I lost all my bugs.

I lost all my bugs.
Do explain.
i had all these bugs as pets when i was little, but i lost them or they ran away or they died
and now i hate bugs
they are gross

-babs



So today, while I was getting ready for school, and my mother was yelling at me because I had still not printed my history notes. She was screaming mad that she is the mother of the kid who is always late to morning orchestra. But instead of listening to my mother's words of anger, I noticed a little ticking noise. I looked up at the light, and I saw a ladybug, continually crashing into the glass that held the light that lit up my room. "Why would you do that little ladybug?", I wondered. "Ladybugs are lucky, or so I thought".

This made me wonder, maybe all of us are lucky in our own ways, but our luck ends when we strive to get something that we just can't. I know that I'm supposed to give you an optimistic message that will lift your spirits and motivate you to do something better and take risks and live life and yada yada yada. But this isn't one of those posts. I thought about this situation all day. This silly ladybug wanting more than it already has. This ladybug wanting the ultimate thing: light. But wouldn't the light fry up the ladybug? Maybe that glass that kept the ladybug from the mystical light is a good thing. It keeps the bug from doing itself harm. Perhaps, I'm not sure.

Being in a stressful situation this morning, and all day, waiting for "an answer", I thought about this. Maybe sometimes there are some things that no matter how hard you try, you just can't get to. But maybe life is like that because those things could end up destroying you. Maybe that stupid piece of glass separating you from the light is a good thing, even though you will never know that it is your friend until it is too late.

Besides, who really wants to be destroyed anyways?


Here's to a tough month.

-Fréd

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this thought

cm said...

hey smartie...
i think people that cross the glass do it because they really really want something, and because they know they are strong enough to deal with light. Not getting there is simply unconscious self protection....
i believe it is better taking the risk....
lovely love from mexico city, pretty blog
m

sara said...

Amazing post.