07 March 2008

The Good Old Days...

I was sitting in the car with my mum. I told her that I felt as though the whole world has so many problems and that I didn't know if they would ever be resolved. I sighed. When I got out of the car, in the middle of the street (I had to hop out), she grabbed my hand and said,

"See you later alligator...I miss being able to make you smile so easily, you know? All i would have to say was "see you later alligator" and you would laugh so hard. That was when your world was perfect, and you were too young to understand war or poverty or hate. All you knew was how to laugh, and cry and play in the sandbox with your little friends. I miss those days."

And then I replied, "In a while crocodile", and slammed the car door shut before more cars blasted their horns at me.



-Fréd

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how true...

Anonymous said...

wish i could have sweet moments like that with mine...