21 May 2008

Turtleneck.



Remember when mommy used to dress us up herself? And pick out all of our clothes?
I used to wear the dresses, and the colorful tights, and my hair was always in two little braids.
And I remember in the fall, when I would have to start pulling those turtlenecks over my head.
And I would cry "MOMMY! I CAN'T...BREATHE...WITH...THIS...TURTLE...NECK...!!"
And then I would pretend to pass out on the floor.
And Mommy would laugh, and assure me that wearing a turtleneck would not make me stop breathing.
And then I would march off to school, and play with my friends in the playground.
And we all had our colorful clothes.

Those were the times when nobody cares what you're wearing. Nobody cares how much it costs, or who the designer is.
I guess, to me, it just goes to show that fashion is more than status-defining.
Fashion is art, and the best of it, to me at least, is carefree and fun.
It contains those innocent qualities that we all once had.

Whatever, that's just what I think.

-Fréd

No comments: