20 May 2008

salvad- wait, who?


salvador dali. he was a famous surrealist painter, or well he still is if you're living in the art world. his twisted images have become staples in the world of surrealists. his melting clocks are forever seared into art rooms around the world. and even though his surreal paintings are beautiful, the ones i am most inspired by are his simple portraits of women in his life.

dali does a complete turn around. his dark images morph into romanticized portraits. he creates a different persona, and if you think about it, we should all be able to do the same. we should be chameleons in our style, in our views, and in our everyday lives, because if we fail to change, well how can we make the most of our lives?

1 comment:

Dara the Dandy! said...

I remeber there was a Dali exhibit at LACMA (Los Angeles Contemp. Museum of Art) and I had really wanted to go. He inspires me to paint and it frustrates me sometimes that I can't see through his eyes because I think the world would be abit more interesting.

They are actually making a movie about his early life starring that one kid from the Harry Potter movie. The guy who played Cedric.

PS- My name is Dara and I had come across your blog when I posted a forum exchanging blogs. Care to link me?