04 May 2008

i'm a people watcher.

i find people so interesting. overhearing conversations on the bus or on the train feels so enlightening most of the time. the quick glimpses into other people lives is an experience that is so hard to explain. there have been so many secret glances at the human heart. I think a lot about something i read from Charles Dickens:
"A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other."
maybe it's a bit far fetched but i believe that through style there are quick flashes of personality every once in a while. just the same as when one goes through an art gallery, reads poetry, or any other form of self expression, visual representations or even ones that are heard help us to understand human beings. whatever we really are.
LOVE
lee

2 comments:

Amelia said...

I am totally a people-watcher, too. That's why I never put my headphones on on the bus--I want to hear what people say. It's honestly romanticizing the people to say that the truth lies within the masses, but that's a little fantasy that I am willing to believe in.

Ane said...

Oh, I love sitting on a bench or something, just watching people walking around in the city. It's really interesting.