18 January 2008

Like I said...

...life is the full package. Sometimes, I almost wonder if everybody experiences the same amount of happiness and the same amount of sadness in their lifetimes. Though some are less fortunate than others in this world, we all have our bad times, and we all have our good times. We all will lose something in life, and we will also gain something in life. We will all be happy; we will all be sad.

Many people are afraid to take risks, fearing the worst that could happen. Mind over heart is what I like to call it. But I've discovered that even if the worst that can happen does happen, you learned something. I don't think life is about happiness, and success, and the "American Dream" but more about experiences. Get the most you can out of life. Experience it.

See those cords to pull up your blinds?

Pull them.

Take a risk. Don't be scared...

Watch as the blinds fly up. Look at the beautiful sun, and the sky, and the grass and the trees. Or look out and find in shock that your neighbor's house is burning down. Squint to try to see the moving shapes driving along the road you know is there, but can't see through the heavy fog.

Whatever you see, learn from it. Pluck it from a tree, and put it in your backpack. Take risks honey! Because there is nothing to experience until you do.

But never EVER close up those blinds child. You hear me?

I said, do you hear me?

-Fred.


1 comment:

nancy a said...

ahhhhh i love it frederique!