29 January 2008

the elements of style

Being unique, I would like to give you a brief run down of my fashion sense and my beliefs. I am someone who likes being only one of a kind in life and I strive to bring this attitude to others.
Adopting one’s own sense of style or fighting for what you believe for makes it all the harder to fit in as you are taking on the position of becoming a trend setter or leader.

People creating visions and style’s are then those that we end up watching and imitating in the masses. They lead the way forward and after gaining a lot of respect they can convince us that anything may look ‘chique’ or be just the right proportion of colours, with our aimless minds following them.

The best way forward is to think outside of the box and not just copy the models because you like their style, you will be competing with many other owning the same outfit showing no sense of individuality for yourself.

I am not at all saying that people should design their own outfits but at least to try and make their own combinations of clothing would be charming.

I currently reside in Dubai and whenever visiting Europe. Family friends I meet are amazed that I keep my long hair. They are often giving comments, such as, “If you went to my school you would have dyed your hair a long time ago.” Even in Dubai, I have still yet to meet some one with a “Ginger Fro’” as my hair has been sportingly called.

Time’s can change and fashion always changes but simply following the trend is not the way forward, this is why I have never dyed my hair and have always given it the chance to suit me as god had intended it to.

Their will most certainly be thing’s that suit you better then others and just because it suits the resident celebrity is no sign that it will work for you.
Now,
Find your own personality and style and stay true to it.
No matter what others may think, sport your own style with confidence.
You will never function better then when you are truly yourself!


-kareem

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sorry, I don't mean to be negative but the "being unique" introduction killed the post for me a bit. What exactly do you wear that is so utterly different than anything that has been seen before? Maybe I'm just nitpicky, but that word just irks me. I seriously love the blog though, keep up the amazing work!

Anonymous said...

Well This was meant to be put up with a picture of me I sent in but Lee didn't put it up (To keep it shorter I think).
The picture was a great example, but anyways, go to 'kareem ginger' on facebook and it is my profile picture, that is me and if you want to see a bigger version of it feel free to add me. I have never seen anyone with a similar hair style with me who also has my colour hair.
-Thanks for the feed back though ;)
Please do add me so you will see me point :D

Anonymous said...

By the way, if you have seen many people like me in my profile picture, just tell me what country your in and I'll buy the next plane ticket to this hot spot :)

Anonymous said...

i think that your writing style is a bit inconsistent for the blog... not to be mean of anything

i think you should try to focus more on substance instead of focusing on yourself and YOUR uniqueness... this is after all a style blog:P

blog is amazing tho... awesome work!

greetings from GREECE!!!
-d.lw.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm i don't really think i liked this one:(

you sound very conceited...

Anonymous said...

ugh shut up you guys are sooo mean!!!!

I LOVE IT KAREEM!!!
keep up the good work:)

-Nancy :D

Stephanie said...

I requested you! I saw the picture though, and actually there is a kid at my school with the exact same hair. But what country do you live in? I could definitely see that hair type being less common somewhere else....(I live in the US)

The Music Plays For Free said...

long live the ginger fro kareem ;)
tu parles francais oui?
j'ai aimé comment vous avez employé votre "fro" comme exemple pour l'unicité! haha ils ne savent pas sexy le fro peut avoir lieu dans la vraie vie! ;)

great blog

Anonymous said...

D.Lw. Thanks for at least some constructive criticism unlike 'anonymous' who hasn't gone into thinking of progress ;)

-Thanks Nancy, means alot :) Your's is still the best though :D

Hey Stephanie, I just accepted your request, sorry for delay :P In the middle of exams hehe :)

I live in Dubai, U.A.E. Where their are 4 or 5 gingers in my high school ;)
In Europe, I barely run across ginger's when I go there every summer and in Ireland all the one's I saw had short hair :D

Been to 20 countries but not the U.S. and if you met me for those who think i'm egoistical or conceited, I will prove to be the opposite, I didn't mean for my post to sound like that if it did and was just trying to tell people to stay unique :P Bullying and going through harsh criticism can lead to conformity (Been there before). Won't let myself be influenced like that again and was just trying to give the same message/inspiration to others :D

Thanks for the understanding Stephanie :)

Merci Beaucoup Hiba ;) Je savais pas que tu parlais francais :P Mais on parlerais plus de ca a l'ecole xx

Anonymous said...

that had to be the most rude post i have ever read!

Anonymous said...

Are you the same as the last anonymous? Lol :P And yeah, constructive criticism please. I ain't being rude here buddy ;)

Anonymous said...

No, I'm not the same as the "last anonymous"... But you need to read your post over, and when you do, you will come to the same conclusion as I have. And if you don't, you have no business being alive.

Anonymous said...

this needs to stop! "anonymous" is a jackass.... if you don't like the post FINE. I mean i don't... but he's entitled to his opinion eh?
MAKE PEACE NOT WAR
i love all of you hoes

Anonymous said...

WHAT FASHION SENSE???????!!!!!!!!!!