26 January 2008

the issue of pants


I think a lot about something I heard Bjork say in an interview once, " I don't wear jeans and a tee shirt because it would be like yeilding to the American cultural imperialism." Which I've always thought was a very interesting statement.It makes me wonder what today's fashions will say about us in a century. hmmmmm... are we too lazy?
anyway, it got me thinking and i realized that i don't really like jeans all that much. i wear them about once every couple of weeks but really - they're so confining. and kinda american-ish? if i can say that.
i think we need a tad bit more flavaa then the ordinary jeans.
that is all.
-lee

3 comments:

Caroline said...

i've been boycotting jeans for the last month, and i must say it has worked out quite well. but i did pack 2 pairs for when i leave for italy tomorrow. i will to do my best to make them as least cliche as possible.

Wendy said...

I've been really into skinny jeans ever since they got mass produced. I hardly wear any other.

The Music Plays For Free said...

i agree!
although i can never find a nice alternative

but i love dresses
i would wear dresses all the time if i could